By American Institute of Steel Construction
Read Online or Download AISC - Design Guide 04 - Extended End-Plate Moment Connections PDF
Best design books
Using straight-forward language and sensible examples, Philip Newell covers the major rules of constructing a winning studio development. during this 3rd version of Recording Studio layout, he offers the abilities you must stay away from catastrophe and create an effective and potent acoustical setting to list and convey the fineset audio. examine from Newell's years of expertise as he offers nice element at the sensible recording program in a variety of acoustic environments, and explores advanced concerns, delivering real-world options.
This new version expands and develops at the subject matters from the former variants, updating it for the electronic age, so that you have the entire present info you want to construct, adapt or replace your recording studio.
Take the "black magic" out of switching persistent provides with sensible Switching strength provide layout! this can be a entire "hands-on" advisor to the idea in the back of, and layout of, PWM and resonant switching offers. you can find info on switching offer operation and choosing a suitable topology in your software.
Heart problems is the main reason for morbidity and mortality around the world. whereas the previous forty years have introduced significant development in cardiac valve fix and alternative, there stay huge sufferer populations that don't obtain such treatments. This, in flip, implies an exceptional desire for destiny simple, utilized, and medical study and, eventually, healing advancements.
China has turn into the producing heart of the area. complicated electronic layout and production know-how can increase productiveness and decrease the prices of product improvement. It has turn into crucial options to reinforce ones competitiveness to win virtue out there. whilst, it has an important capability for improvement and development.
- The Art of Interactive Design: A Euphonious and Illuminating Guide to Building Successful Software
- Transistor Circuit Design Tables
- Statistical Design – Chemometrics
- Digital Radio Systems on a Chip - A Systems Approach
- Earthquake-Resistant Design with Rubber
Additional info for AISC - Design Guide 04 - Extended End-Plate Moment Connections
Pfo = 13/4 in. pb = 3 in. de = 11/4 in. Fyp = 50 ksi Fup = 65 ksi (ASTM A572 Gr. 50 steel) Ft = 90 ksi (ASTM A325 bolts) 8ES Design Example 1. 1) = 11,470 k-in. 75(11,470)=8603 k-in. > Muc=8083 k-in. OK 5. Determine for the Required End Plate Thickness End Plate Yield Line Mechanism Parameter = 8083 k-in. 52 in. > p fi = 1 3 / 4 in. 3) = 6 in. 4 in. = tan 30° tan 30° de = Vertical Edge Distance for Outside Bolt Holes = 11/4 in. 448 in. to satisfy local buckling requirements USE 1/2 in. × 6 in. × 101/2 in.
C. (1990). S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, El Cerrito, CA, EERI, Vol. 2, May 20-24, 1990, 687-696. , Rothert, H. and Binder, B. (1994). “On the Numerical Analysis of Endplate Connections,” Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Elsevier Applied Science, 30(1), 177-196. R. M. (1983). “Inelastic Finite Element Analysis of Stiffened End-Plate Moment Connections,” Research Report No. FSEL/MBMA 83-02, Fears Structural Engineering Laboratory, School of Civil Engineering and Environmental Science, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Oklahoma.
5) Assume ½ in. Stiffener Plates = 807 kips > Vu = 40 kips OK ts = 1/2 in. 76 in. 860 in. 875 Yc = 13. Design Welds + See 4E Example. 022 in. 6 in. 20) ∴ OK with Column Stiffeners 7. 11) 15. 75 in. 860 in. 7 in. 48 in. 5) 2 g 3 pb + pb2 + g 4 +h 4 s + 14. 860)2 = 7475 k-in. DESIGN GUIDE 4 / EXTENDED END-PLATE MOMENT CONNECTIONS—SEISMIC AND WIND APPLICATIONS, 2ND EDITION / 45 φRn = φM cf d − t fb = 18. 80 16. 522 in. 525 19. 39 in. t φRn = 2 = 268 kips < Ffu = 399 kips 17. 39 = 330 kips < Ffu = 399 kips ∴ Column Stiffeners Required 290 330 268 = 131 kips 20.